Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shuttlecock!

Yes I know that since the beginning of the blog that longest I've gone between posting was been just a couple of days. Well it seems that it's bee over 2 weeks now and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused....oh wait - does anyone really care...right, probably not!

It's currently 3:09am on Saturday morning and I'm still at f**king work. Yes it's true that creating the budget for the state of Texas takes some time but who knew that I would be sitting at my desk doing the same thing I was doing 12 hours ago! I should have brought pjs to change into. This totally sucks and I have no clue how much longer it's going to last.

Oh a funny note....yes I know this is what you've all been waiting for, right? Today the intern and I were playing badminton in the office. Yes, he received a set of rackets as part of his box-o-toys birthday gift. Well as we were hitting the shuttlecock back and forth; it was hit into the light fixture. You better believe we found someone to scale the wall like a spider monkey and get it out of there with the pointy end of an umbrella! Thank goodness the cock was retrieved...whatever would our office do in the middle of the night?

I've missed you all so please let me know if you're still interested in reading!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've missed your posts!

And is it bad that I giggled like a five year old when reading about your badmindton woes? ;)

emmy-lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emmy-lou said...

well it's about dang time!!!

welcome back to the blogging world. quit trying to save Texas. 75% ungrateful wretches don't want to secede from the union. appalling. what am i going to come home to?!?!?!

Lyons Family said...

Of course we have missed your posts. So it's about time! I love to read what you're doing you always make me laugh.

The Galows said...

I've missed you too. I haven't blogged in forever either. Maybe I'll get to it today.

Anywhoo, the random letters of the day are "swablo" which makes me think of I could write a country song that goes something like "When I think of about swablo it makes me think about Juan Puablo's. When I think about Juan Puablo's of think of enchiladas. And shen I think about enchiladas, I think about you!" (Be sure to sing it to the tune of Taylor Swift's "Tim McGraw")