Monday, July 26, 2010

Corny Twist

Your invited to a party and you ask "Is there anything you need me to bring?" and the hostess says "...not a thing." What do you do? If you're a guy you do nothing, if your a girl you think twice and then ask again if you can bring chips, dip, ice, a dessert...at least something to not show up empty handed. Oh wait is that just me and my inability to go to a party alone. And by alone I mean without something either for the other guests or hostess. My friends love me in spite of this and my boyfriend is at least learning to deal with it. I've got this small problem called over committing. I like to think of it as going above and beyond.

I've got a new recipe for a dip that will rock your cob!

Corn Avocado Salsa

1 can yellow corn, drained
1 can white corn, drained
3 avocados, chopped
15 -20 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup salsa verde or tomatillo sauce
1 tsp salt
1 lime, juiced
2 jalapenos, seeded
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 small onion
1/2 bunch cilantro

1. Add yellow and white corn, avocados, tomatoes, salsa verde, salt, and lime juice in a large bowl.

2. In the blender chop the jalapenos, garlic, onion and cilantro together.

3. Stir in the blended ingredients to corn mixture and refrigerate for one hour.

4. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.


Love & Later -

Allie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that sounds amazing....I want to have dip and wine night tonight!!