Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Brown Eyed Girl

Since you are the one that has questions I have a post just for you!

1. Since the beginning of when I can remember I've been a procrastinator. Waiting until the last minute to do just about everything is something I'm really good at too. And Allie, well, it's the nickname my mama gave me.

2. Of my 3 jobs I love doing the wedding flowers the most and to be more specific, delivery is my favorite part. Handing the bride the bouquet she will carry down the aisle is kind of awesome.

3. The 3 of my Spring must-haves:

a super cute cardigan from J. Crew


awesome straw hat without a wide brim


perfect spring shoes from Nine West

4. My favorite recipe to actually make (and eat!):
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cooked chicken
1 cup roasted red peppers
6 oz cream cheese, cubed
2 Tbl butter
8-10 flour tortillas
1 lg can enchilada sauce
8 oz grated monterrey jack cheese
salt, to taste
Optional: Add 2 chopped jalapenos for more spice.

Directions
Thinly slice onion saute in butter approximately 15 minutes.
Add garlic.
Remove from heat and toss with the chicken and peppers.
Gently stir in cubes of cream cheese.
Season with salt.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Pour a little bit of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
Spoon about a 1/3 cup of the chicken filling into the tortillas.
Sprinkle a little cheese over the filling (do not use all the cheese) and
roll up.
Place enchiladas into baking dish with the seam side down.
Fill entire dish (usually about 8-10 enchiladas)
Cover with the remaining enchilada sauce and grated cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. You can also refrigerate enchiladas: cook
15 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good lord, that recipe sounds absolutely f'ing amazing. I may have to make that on my cheat night sometime very soon!

And, if I might add, you have impeccible taste in clothes!!

emmy-lou said...

Where's the hat from, yo?? It's precious!!!

The Galows said...

It just hit me why I didn't have any questions for you before....

# 1 I knew what your favorite job was because if I were you it would be my favorite job

# 2 I love your tastes in clothes and that's why I've hired you as my personal shopper (By the way if you're looking for your paycheck this month it's in friendship and not dollars because I'm poor)

# 3 I practice the art of procrastination because of you. For those of you who don't know procrastination is actually the opposite of yoga relaxation methods.

So since I knew these things I was out of questions (How's that for Excuse-maker Dani??) ha ha

I'll try to be more on top of things next time!