Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Read Carefully

Today my intern asked if I'd be interested in getting a free sonogram. He handed me the invitation and it clearly says "ask any pregnant woman you know to join us." NO - I'm not pregnant; there is no chance I could be (thank you for the moral compass). I was amused and slightly offend all at the same time. I know my spanx aren't quite keeping it all in after my lunch of gumbo but really?!? What a self-esteem booster!

Lesson learned: it's never a good idea to ask a lady if she'd like a free sonogram even if she is pregnant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think I would have cried. You handled that a LOT better than I would have! PROPS!!!

AllieB said...

Don't feel bad. I had to unbutton my pants in a hearing yesterday. I bet your intern would turn really red if he realized what he said...oh wait! He IS red!

The Galows said...

That stinks and is funny at the same time. Don't worry though. I'll post my story on my blog in just a few minutes

Sister Boots Colorado said...

What is with your office interns? SERIOUSLY.